Magic the Gathering- Mount Gambier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live, Breathe, Play, Win
welcome, feel free to join the forum, i hope to see you at our next meet

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Beat Slivers

Go down 
+2
The Jasenator
Charlotte
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

How to Beat Slivers Empty
PostSubject: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:13 pm

I started this topic because as we all know, sliver decks are a plain in the arse to play against.. i was recently told of a card called "Extinxtion" that should theoretically completely destroy a slither deck.. i have enclosed an image of this card.

How to Beat Slivers 82464

Extinction (Tempest)
Rarity : R
Color : B
Colors : Black
Casting Cost : 5
Card Type : Sorcery
Card Text : Destroy all creatures of any creature type of your choice.
"I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them." -Volrath
Artist : Una Fricker

open for ALL new suggestions.. looking at buying a sliver deck of my own if need be, but i wish to think of more creative ways to beat it than to join sides with the slivers.

Last edited by Charlotte on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : SP)
Back to top Go down
https://magicthegathering-mg.forumotion.net
The Jasenator

The Jasenator

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:19 pm

You could always create a changling deck.
And you could also but in some creatures that boost up all other creatures of a certain type, Imperious Perfect for example.

Then your creatures only get more powerful as your opponent play his/her slivers.
Plus with cards like Imperious Perfect you get a bonus that the slivers don't get.

i.e You win
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:53 am

this is the newest card to the anti sliver deck...

How to Beat Slivers 173049924_tp

Demonic Tutor (Revised FBB)
Rarity : Uncommon
Casting Cost : 2
Card Text : Search your library for one card and take it into your hand. Reshuffle your library afterwards.

im looking to buy about 4 of them, along with the four extinction cards that i have comming in the post, im debating what color i want to put them in though, straight black??
Back to top Go down
Plutonic

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:06 pm

My two cents xD

How to Beat Slivers Hivestone

Creatures you control are Slivers in addition to their other creature types.

How to Beat Slivers Plague_sliver

All Slivers have "At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature deals 1 damage to you."

How to Beat Slivers 87

As An-Zerrin Ruins comes into play, choose a creature type. Creatures of the chosen type don't untap during their controllers' untap steps

And then as the ultimate last resort:

How to Beat Slivers Damnation
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/andthesearethetemptation
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Halfstone and Plague sliver may be worth me investigating.. thankyou Smile

umm as for dammnation.. if i make the anti sliver deck a white/black i have wrath of god Smile so that sloves that problem..
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: someone elses anti sliver   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:20 pm

i just found instructions for creating an anti-sliver deck that someone else has made... not so keen on the fact that it utilizes slivers, because i didnt wish to use them in my deck at all... but here it is

3 x Darksteel Colossus
1 x Darksteel Forge
4 x Darksteel Ingot
2 x Hivestone
4 x Metallic Sliver
4 x Slaughter Pact

3x Winged Sliver

3 x Vorosh, the Hunter

3 x Endless Wurm
4 x Fangren Hunter
4 x Silklash Spider

3x Homing Sliver

9x Forest
4 x Island
6 x Swamp
3 x Terramorphic Expanse

How to Beat Slivers 70961 how do you all think it would go?
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: expensive   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:16 pm

bah demonic tutors were expensive...
cost me about $35 after conversion, so it had better be worth it and some arse..

i also decided to invest in plagued sliver.. so that should be handy..

im also getting that bitch of a card that lil dragon uses called persecute..

How to Beat Slivers 129647

Casting Cost : 2BB
Card Text : Choose a color. Target player reveals his or her hand and discards all cards of that color.
Of all the tyrannies on humane kind The worst is that which persecutes the mind." -John Dryden, "The Hind and the Panther
Artist : D. Alexander Gregory

AnY more suggestions would be welcomed..
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:02 am

EXtinction arrived today Twisted Evil

Demonic tutor should be here tomorrow Twisted Evil

but the point of this post was to fins out what you all think of this card to use in the antisliver deck..

How to Beat Slivers Phagetheuntouchable

Casting Cost : 3 BBBB
Card Type : Legendary Creature — Minion
Card Text : When Phage the Untouchable comes into play, if you didn’t play it from your hand, you lose the game. whenever phage deals combat damage to a creature, destory that creature,it cant be regenerated. when ever phage deals combat damage to a player, that player looses the game.
Pwr/Tgh : 4/4
Artist : Ron Spears

do you think it would be worth investing in some?
Back to top Go down
The Jasenator

The Jasenator

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Definatly and get some whisper silk cloaks while your at it.

It will make Phage unblockable, plus she won't be able to be targeted by spells or abilities.
So she won't be blocked and people won't beable to destroy/remove her.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:05 am

time to update.. i have 4x Phage the untouchable in the post, i also have aquired cards called "sleepers Guile" that make her unblockable by everything but black and artifact..

How to Beat Slivers 93776

Rarity : C
Color : B
Casting Cost : 2B
Card Type : Echt Crt
Card Text : Enchanted creature cannot be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures. when
Artist : Daren Bader

my demonic tutors arrived.. finally..

plagued sliver is still in the post, as is some other card that i dont need anymore due to ther transition from blue/black back to staight black due to the need of alot of black mana for phage..

its shall be a great sliver pwning deck when its finished plotting
Back to top Go down
The Jasenator

The Jasenator

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:19 am

Alright heres a card for you....

Name: Scourglass
Set & Rarity: Shards of Alara rare
Cost: 3WW
Card Type: Artifact
P/T:
Rules Text (Oracle): , Sacrifice Scourglass: Destroy all permanents except for artifacts and lands. Play this ability only during your upkeep.
Flavor Text
(Shards of Alara): "Soon I will sleep, eyes closing to a world tarnished with flesh, and then wake to a polished vision." —Sharuum

So if you have a deck that can bring things back from the grave... you can scourglass and get your creatures back!

Yes I know that it is white.... But there are ways around that.
Like witha few more shards cards that are artifacts.
Back to top Go down
Cyber-Spud

Cyber-Spud

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:58 am

Wow, that card saying "IF you play this from your hand, you lose the game" is pointless........
Unless I get a card that automaticaly puts any card into play.....then you would LOOSE the game Razz
Back to top Go down
The Jasenator

The Jasenator

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:21 am

Okay so have lots of good cards now/coming.

But how fast is it going to be?
Because sliver decks are really fast thats one of the most annoying things about them.

So you are going to need some one drop (one mana) or two drop (two mana) creastures.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:16 pm

The Jasenator wrote:

So you are going to need some one drop (one mana) or two drop (two mana) creastures.

yer i know.. so any recommendations??
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Cyber-Spud wrote:
Wow, that card saying "IF you play this from your hand, you lose the game" is pointless........
Unless I get a card that automaticaly puts any card into play.....then you would LOOSE the game Razz

if you dont play this card from your hand... keyword DONT...
Back to top Go down
Cyber-Spud

Cyber-Spud

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:34 pm

No, im saying if you had the card and I have a card that automaticaly plays any card from any hand, i could make it so that it would summon that very card, therefore making you loose the game.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Cyber-Spud wrote:
No, im saying if you had the card and I have a card that automaticaly plays any card from any hand, i could make it so that it would summon that very card, therefore making you loose the game.

that being so, if its in my hand and you summon it, its still being played from my hand, so no i wouldnt.
Back to top Go down
LilDragon

LilDragon

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:28 am

Im confused?!?!?! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:04 am

evil laugh that was my deivious plan..

no not really.. what cy is trying to tell me is that if he has a card that can summon one of my cards from my hand and he summons phage, i loose the game because it wasnt summoned from my hand.

but i am argueing that that is incorrect because for him to sumon phage is has to come from my hand.. so even though he is summoning it, it is still being played from my hand.

jaw drop wow your right, that does sound complicated even in laymans terms... but do you get it now??
Back to top Go down
LilDragon

LilDragon

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i get it now

and looking over all the evidence it is quite clear that kely is right because it strictly states FROME HIS?HER HAND and if someone where to summon phage from an opponent it would have to be within the opponents hand unless the card in question states from oponents deck but why would they make such a card lol
Back to top Go down
The Jasenator

The Jasenator

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:24 pm

You are all making it sound SO much more complicated than what it is:

1. When Phage the Untouchable comes into play, if you DIDN'T play it from your hand you lose the game.

So CS is right if he forced it into play from your hand without you actually playing it, you would lose the game.
Thankfully this is impossible so we can safely ignore this.

However if it was discarded/destroyed and he forced Phage into play under your control from the graveyard you would also lose the game.

And if he forced it into play under his control from your graveyard he would lose the game, as activated and static abilities apply to the controller.

i.e YOU = CONTROLLER.

I hope this has cleared it all up.
Back to top Go down
Cyber-Spud

Cyber-Spud

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Wow..............
WIll you always do this when I ask a question? I could say something that has no possible solution and watch you try and solve it Laughing But that clears things up.........Too bad I cant use that card against her.......
Back to top Go down
The Jasenator

The Jasenator

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Cyber-Spud wrote:
Wow..............
WIll you always do this when I ask a question? I could say something that has no possible solution and watch you try and solve it Laughing But that clears things up.........Too bad I cant use that card against her.......

Well I don't think a question can exist without a solution.

Unless it is a statement POSING as a question.

Then the question would become "What is the satement hidden in this question an why is is it crossdressing like a question"?

Which in itself is a question thereby creating MORE (MOAR) questions making your question obsolete in comparison with the other questions.

Or it could be some kind of mutant hybrid QUESTIONSATEMENT. Which I believe only the spanish have the power to create (According to the sentence I placed in wikipedia, and since it's on wikipedia it must be right)

Which would then prove you to be in someway part spanish, whether that is from decent or aliens abducted you and replaced your blood with that of a spanish man is another question (or statement) entirely.

I hope that this helped.

EDIT**

You could use the card against her as long as you had a way of bringing it from another location other than her hand into play under Phages owners control
Back to top Go down
Cyber-Spud

Cyber-Spud

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 am

affraid
My head just exploded.
But it wasn't from your logic Jason, it was from a Spanish super alien virus that makes peoples head explode and never resolve anything they say........or do they?
Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Admin
Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am

ok update time.. i need to have my deck finished in the next three weeks..

these are the new cards i either have comming or am still contemplating buying..

How to Beat Slivers 121940
is comming

the rest are being contemplated
How to Beat Slivers 88435 How to Beat Slivers 90576 How to Beat Slivers 90579
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Beat Slivers   How to Beat Slivers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Beat Slivers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next